Our client, an energy solution company now have a requirement for a full time Engineer to join the team based in their Kilkenny branch. The Successful candidate will be involved in assisting the technical team in evaluating energy efficiency and renewable opportunities for a large portfolio of commercial clients covering manufacturing, Agri-business, retail and hospitality sectors.
The role will encompass site auditing work, technical and economic analysis of opportunities as well as securing funding and delivering projects on behalf of our clients.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Support the technical team in site auditing and energy consumption analysis, costing, evaluation and performance simulation of efficiency and renewable technologies
- Preparation of technical reports and communication of findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collection and analysis of power, temperature and flow rate data
- Review supplier proposals and specifications
- Support tendering process including preparation of documents and specifications, evaluation and interview of tenderers
- Preparation of grant applications for preconstruction evaluation and project development, as well as capital and operational support, principally through SEAI schemes.
- Honours degree in Engineering, Energy or Building Services
- 1-2 years’ experience working in energy-focussed research or industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organisational skills.
Skills which would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience with AutoCAD, QGIS, Programming (VBA, Python, Matlab) and energy modelling packages
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (HVAC, Steam, Compressed Air, Refrigeration, motors and drives)